Date:      Mon, 7 Jun 1999 17:06:24 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        "'trzy@powernet.net'" <trzy@powernet.net>
Subject:   RE: need help with pine

The unix version of PINE does not have a configuration option to change the
username that is being used.  This is working as designed, and I belive that
some other MUA's do have that ability.

***
excerpt from http://www.washington.edu/pine/tech-notes.4.10/config.html
user-id
	PC-Pine only and personal configuration file only. Sets the username
that is placed on all outgoing messages. The username is the part of the
address that comes before the "@".
***

BUT.. you can add a reply-to address, which isn't exactly what you want but
should have a similar effect.  Again, according to the above page...

***
customized-hdrs
	Add these custom headers when composing. Also possible to add
default values to these custom headers or to any of the standard headers.
This is a list variable. Each entry in the list is a header name (the actual
header name that will appear in the message) followed by an optional colon
and value. For example, if a Reply-to header was needed because it was
different from the From address, that could be accomplished with:
		customized-hdrs=Reply-to: fred_flintstone@bedrock.net
	Leaving the optional value out allows the user to fill it in when
composing a message. If it isn't filled in, it won't be included in the
message.

***

I might read that page if I were you, but there is a workaround available.
Your only other options are, 1. change your username on the box, or 2. I
belive there is a way to get sendmail to rewrite the headers of your email
to change the user name, I'll be damned if I know how to do it tho.

Hope this helps,
Chris