Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 2010 22:43:19 +0100
From:      Florian Kruegl <smeagle@bsdler.de>
To:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   hifn support

Hi,

got hands on a hifn, think it's a nice possibility to check the
performance of the interrupt handler :)
Was more than puzzled when I saw it didn't generate any...

hifn1 irq 0 at device 17.0 on pci0
hifn1: [ITHREAD]
hifn1: Hifn 7955, rev 0, 32KB dram, pll=0x801<ext clk, 4x mult>

goofy# vmstat -i
interrupt                          total       rate
int1 ehci0                         31698          0
int3 arge1                          4697          0
int4 apb0                         575704          2
int5 clock0                    241115996        999
apb intr3: uart0                  575702          2
apb intr6: ohci0                       2          0
Total                          242303799       1004

pciconf doesn't look too bad
goofy# pciconf -lv
none0@pci0:0:0:0:       class=0x000000 card=0x00000000 chip=0x11070700
rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Stream Machine'
    class      = old
    subclass   = non-VGA display device
hifn1@pci0:0:17:0:      class=0x0b4000 card=0x00000000 chip=0x002013a3
rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'HI-FN Inc.'
    device     = '7955 Security Processor'
    class      = processor

openssl doesn't show support either:
goofy# openssl engine -vvv
(cryptodev) BSD cryptodev engine
(dynamic) Dynamic engine loading support
     SO_PATH: Specifies the path to the new ENGINE shared library
          (input flags): STRING
     NO_VCHECK: Specifies to continue even if version checking fails
(boolean)
          (input flags): NUMERIC
     ID: Specifies an ENGINE id name for loading
          (input flags): STRING
     LIST_ADD: Whether to add a loaded ENGINE to the internal list
(0=no,1=yes,2=mandatory)
          (input flags): NUMERIC
     DIR_LOAD: Specifies whether to load from 'DIR_ADD' directories
(0=no,1=yes,2=mandatory)
          (input flags): NUMERIC
     DIR_ADD: Adds a directory from which ENGINEs can be loaded
          (input flags): STRING
     LOAD: Load up the ENGINE specified by other settings
          (input flags): NO_INPUT

no interrupts no functionality, now I wonder if this driver is broken,
or if I should try to specify some interrupts via hints file. I already
tried a few but the only change was that I now got hifn1 instead of
hifn0. So I guess they were the wrong ones.

Flo