Date:      Sun, 3 Jul 2005 14:59:32 -0400
From:      "fbsd_user" <fbsd_user@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: help with sh script

std_text='No ALTQ support in kernel ALTQ related functions disabled'
ret_ob='No ALTQ support in kernel ALTQ related functions disabled
OK'

ret_ob=`printf "$ret_ob" | sed 's/\$std_text//g'`
Does not strip off the std_text stuff.

How would I code a statement to remove everything from $ret_ob
but the ok at the end so $ret_ob would only contain the ok??

Some times $ret_ob will end in some error message and that is
what I want to capture after striping off the std_text.

Thanks