Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 1999 08:51:42 -0500
From:      "Dan Dockery" <danarchy@endeneu.com>
To:        "Doug Rabson" <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Disk errors when running sysinstall

>The install program for 3.1 on the alpha is seriously broken. You would
>problably do better to download more recent floppy images from
>ftp.freebsd.org and try to install with them.

Ah ha.  I get it.  I actually did download them yesterday, but I bet I
should be downloading them from snapshots rather than from releases.
It would be helpful if someone would update the readme.txt from the
releases to suggest that the boot floppy is badly broken.
Thanks for the tip.  I'll try the newer floppies tonight.

-Dan