Date:      Fri, 12 May 1995 11:18:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        fcawth@squid.umd.edu (Fred Cawthorne)
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: CODE FREEZE is going to happen

Just because a code freeze was called does not mean it is time
to send all email to me personally!!!!  I have gotten 5 or 6
things like this already and it has to stop!

> Could somebody please change the part of the config file that says:
> # gp:  National Instruments AT-gpib and AT-gpib/TNT board
> # gp:  National Instruments AT-gpib/TNT board
>
> The driver doesn't work with the AT-GPIB card, only with the TNT card.
>
> There is a new version of the driver on freebsd.cdrom.com
> /pub/FreeBSD/incoming/
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 ftp  daemon  15391 Mar  1 19:04 gpibdriver0.2.5.tar.gz
>
> I guess you don't have to change the driver to the newer one, but
> someone should really change the above thing.  The new driver works much
> better though.  (You can do cat </dev/gpib5 and cat >/dev/gpib5  etc...)
> Before you could only do input through an ioctl.
> Also, the other driver didn't let you set the io address of the card in
> the config file.

Too late for a new driver, this is the one area that has always bitten
us in allowing these types of kernel changes late in the game.  But once
again this is a driver that is not compiled in by default.  Jordan? David?
can we allow the driver to be updated (someone else with commit would
have to do it if both Jordan and David ok it).

Otherwise I will go commit the comment change.