Date:      Wed, 08 May 2002 08:59:22 -0700
From:      bmah@freebsd.org (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-qa@freebsd.org
Cc:        bmah@freebsd.org
Subject:   Belated HEADS-UP?  RELENG_4 code freeze

For a variety of reasons, I think we (the RE team) might not have
announced this to all the applicable lists.  Those of you who are not
committers may be seeing this for the first time...if so, our apologies:

The RELENG_4 branch is in code-freeze, in preparation for a 1 June 2002
release of FreeBSD 4.6.  Developers requesting MFCs should send these
requests to re@.  Discussion of QA issues should go to the freebsd-qa@
list.

Details on the release schedule can be found at:

http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/4.6R/schedule.html

A preliminary testing guide (a work in progress) can be found at:

http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/4.6R/qa.html

The release notes (also a work in progress) can be found at:

http://people.FreeBSD.org/~bmah/relnotes/

Bruce.