Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 1998 13:25:20 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Kenneth P. Stox" <ken@stox.sa.enteract.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: a possibly interesting article...

On Mon, 23 Mar 1998, Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> ... on how microsoft manages its web server (May 1997).
>
> http://microsoft.com/syspro/technet/tnnews/features/mscom.htm
>
> The web page has some data, and a pointer to an article in MSWord
> format.
>
> The instruction also instruct you to download the Word Viewer if
> you don't have MSWord.
>
> The case that you don't run Windows is not contemplated :)

Very interesting. And an out and out lie. When Windows 95 was released, I
watched their web site(s) very carefully. They were running BSDI on a
number of machines because it was obvious that NT was falling over too
often.  Over time, and once NT4.0 was released this all changed. I really
wished I had taken the time to document it, and take them to task. :-(

The statements they make now may be true, but were not in the past.

-Ken