Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:37:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      brad miele <bmiele@ipnstock.com>
To:        freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   OT using smartarray +raid 0+1 to clone

Hi,

Sorry if this is slightly off topic. I would gratefully accept any
pointers on how to accomplish this task, if it is even doable, or a better
way to do it.

I have two DL380 G4's with duplicate hardware. The primary volume on each
is comprised of 4 scsi drives in raid 0+1. The OS on each if 5.4-Stable. I
want to clone the filesystem from one machine to the other. Is there a
way to do this by breaking the mirror on one machine, moving the drive(s)
to the other and having it rebuild? Is this a bad idea? Is there a better
way?

regards,

Brad
Brad Miele