Date:      Wed, 27 Dec 2006 10:16:31 +0100
From:      VeeJay <maanjee@gmail.com>
To:        maanjee@gmail.com, FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   chroot, performance & security

Hi

I have made partations on my web server like at very outer edges of the
disks,

I have /, then /var, /tmp, /usr and in the end /home.

Since I read that Data modified & used often should be placed at close to
outer edges as possible.

So, I am having all logs (apache, ftp, mysql and other logs) under /var/logs
I have all my mysql DBs under /var/mysql/db

But if for Security reseasons, I want to chroot apache, mysql and ftp under
/home, then along with all executables and liberaries I have to move all
logs, DBs under /home/chroot

But then I think, If I move all these data from /var... I miss performance?

Please comment?

--
Thanks!

BR / vj