Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 1997 16:30:28 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE (Christoph Kukulies)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: yp and adduser

> When I do an adduser in a NIS/YP environment, that is, on the NIS
> master, shouldn't the yp databases be updated automatically?
>
> I added a user using /usr/sbin/adduser and that user could not login
> at the clients until I explicitly did a make in /var/yp.
>
> (my MASTER_PASSWD is /etc/master.passwd, btw.)

It is possible for these to be seperate.

The problem is the lack of an event notification when they are not.

This is not really a big issue, unless you are adding one user at
a time, since an administrative task of adding a bunch of users
should be terminated by the asmin doing the make (it doesn't make
sense to do it 1000 times after adding 1000 users.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.