Date:      Wed, 3 Sep 2003 17:44:11 -0700
From:      Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (proposal) new flag for pkg_delete

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 03:55:30PM +0100, David Taylor wrote:
> However, pkg_delete is still broken -- either the manpage should be fixed
> to make it explicitly clear that using -f will result in MD5 checksums
> being ignored, or the user should be given the option.

I wouldn't call it "broken" per se.  Sometimes it does have
undesirable effects, but sometimes not.

In any case, I have no objection to having your patch
implemented, as long as previous functionality remains unchanged.

Whether or not portupgrade should adopt this feature is another
question.  What can be done if there are files (not config files)
whose MD5 checksums don't match, once the package is deleted?
Moreover, what if it's a lot of files?

Regards,
--
wca