Date:      Mon, 22 Aug 2005 17:09:39 +0200
From:      "Michael L. Hostbaek" <mich@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@mail.uni-mainz.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mozilla/Firefox weirdness

O. Hartmann (ohartman) writes:
> I completely recompiled everything, I deinstalled both Mozilla and
> Firefox, but it is always the same behaviour. Can someone help or report
> about similar or the same problem?
>
> One idea is that this has to do with some access rights of the user's
> profile directory.

It is most likely the cause of wrong permissions.
You can try to take a look in your ~/.mozilla/firefox/ directory. The
file that holds that sort of information is calledd userpref.js

Alternatively you can simply delete ~/.mozilla/firefox directory, and
Firefox will create a fresh profile upon restart. (Note, this will
delete all your Firefox settings, bookmarks and cookie information)

/mich