Date:      Fri, 14 Sep 2012 15:16:32 +0000
From:      Martyn Jansen <martyn.jansen@zynstra.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   legal question on licence terms

Sirs,

I'm looking at your licence terms and conditions and particularly the secti=
on on "redistribution restriction" on a number of ports.

The restriction is stated as being applicable to "redistribution on mass me=
dia". Could you please elaborate on what this means - clearly a number of l=
eading solutions use FreeBSD so I'm trying to properly understand when and =
how the redistribution restrictions apply.

In our own case we would be using FreeBSD as a component of managed service=
s that we would be providing to our customers. The software would remain on=
 our own server and would not be separately available to our customers. We =
assume therefore that this in any case does not constitute "redistribution"=
.

Many thanks.

Regards,
Martyn
Martyn Jansen
Contracts & Legal
Phone: +44 (0)1225 388685
nstra> [Description: Description: Description: LinkedIn]  <http://www.linke=
din.com/company/zynstra> [Description: Description: Description: zynstra]  =
<http://www.zynstra.com/>;
Zynstra is a private limited company registered in England and Wales (regis=
tered number 07864369). Our registered office is 5 New Street Square, Londo=
n, EC4A 3TW and our headquarters are at Bath Ventures, Broad Quay, Bath, BA=
1 1UD.