Date:      Thu, 15 Sep 2011 00:06:03 +0300
From:      chukharev@mail.ru
To:        "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Detecting dependencies

Hi,

There have been a discussion about finding interdependencies of ports.
I have a relatively simple Python script for that. There is a pr ports/160007
to add its early version. Unfortunately, I missed a reply to it, so there is
an issue which I have not yet addressed...

Since that time, I added reverse dependencies with full ports tree scanning
(1 h on my 2.5GHz notebook) and saving the tree (directed graph, actually)
to a file, so that rescanning all ports tree is not needed.

See http://code.google.com/p/porttree/

If there will be interest, scanning packages interdependencies could
also be added.

--
Vladimir Chukharev
Tampere University of Technology