Date:      Thu, 24 Oct 1996 17:16:39 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Experiences with CDE for FreeBSD

> Forgive the cross-post to -current, but I am running CDE under
> -current and thought it might be relevant.

No problem, but because this also isn't a set of "questions" that our
general question-answering-folk can deal with (how many are going to
have CDE) - I've eliminated it from the inappropriate questions group.

> o The calendar application (dtcm) dumps core.  I wonder if this
>   could somehow be related to running -current?

Try running it twice in a row - they know about this one and are
tracking it down (I reported it also).

> o The Screen lock and saver do not work (although the package
>   xlockmore works just fine).  I may have something misconfigured
>   on my end because the CDE error log file shows:

That's odd, because it does work fine for me with their CDE out-of-box
installation.  Perhaps you have MD5 instead of DES crypt, or
something?

> o The mail utility doesn't work.  It wants some execution group
>   (unnamed) to be set.  I've tried making it suid root, guid
>   wheel, and a few others, but I don't know what it wants to be.

That's also odd, because I've both read and sent mail without a hitch
using their mail tool.

						Jordan