Date:      Wed, 07 Apr 2004 15:01:44 +0200
From:      Georges-Andre Silber <silber@cri.ensmp.fr>
To:        Marc Olzheim <marcolz@stack.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: malloc: bug or feature ?

Marc Olzheim wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 02:39:53PM +0200, Georges-Andre Silber wrote:
>
>>Is it a 'normal' behaviour of malloc()? Shouldn't malloc() return NULL?
>

> It should return NULL indeed. I can reproduce this on my -CURRENT
> machine, while 5.2.1-RELEASE is ok.
>
> Marc

In my case, the bug was already there with 5.2.1-RELEASE. Strange...

I haven't figure out why malloc() calls ldexp(). I took a look at the
code in /usr/src/lib/libc/stdlib/malloc.c but I don't think that the
right place to look for malloc() code, it does not correspond to the
backtrace given by gdb...

Georges.