Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 1997 01:24:49 +0200
From:      Ville Eerola <ville@vlsi.fi>
To:        Burton Sampley <burton@bsampley.vip.best.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Fetchmail nolonger working

Burton Sampley writes:
> The error message I get when I run fetchmail -av is SMTP connection
> failed.  I have two email accounts (on different servers), so I have a
> .fetchmailrc file which has never been modified.
>
> Any ideas?

Well, do you have sendmail running? Normally fetchmail uses SMTP
connection to the localhost to deliver the messages it downloads from
the mail sever. Thus, you need to have a MTA listening to port 25 on
the host runnig fetchmail, or alternatively you need to configure
fetchmail to use a local MDA directly.

Other than that, I can't say very much without seeing the messages
from the failed fetchmail run.

Regards, Ville

--
Ville.Eerola@vlsi.fi	VLSI Solution Oy