Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2000 14:02:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jonathan Smith <jonsmith@dragonstar.dhs.org>
To:        Michael <enews@michaelvince.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bad apache ports on stable 4.0

CC'd to ports where it belongs.
(Please respond only there as I don't think this is a -stable issue).

I'd like to suggest they add this to the messages that says to hadd the
handler lines, it certainly would have saved me grief -- and you.

I had the same problems (and a few worse ones).

To get php working, you need to manually add the following lines to tell
apache that the module exist (in addition to defining that certain files
should use the handlers):

In Dynamic Shared Object (DSO) Support:

	Append to the list of LoadModule lines:

LoadModule php4_module        libexec/apache/libphp4.so

	Append to the list of AddModule lines:

AddModule mod_php4.c

j.

--
Close your eyes.  Now forget what you see.  What do you feel? --
My heart. --  Come here. --  Your heart. --  See?  We're exactly the same.

	Jon Smith -- Senior Math Major @ Purdue