Date:      Thu, 07 Jan 1999 14:47:35 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>, sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: All this muttering about support from Sun.

"Jordan K. Hubbard" wrote:

> > I don't know how much of the archive of -sparc you read, but most of my
> > messages were along the lines of "i'm not going to make a bing stink until
>
> It actually wasn't your messages I was reacting to so much as some
> other guy wanting free or discounted equipment. In any case, I'm glad
> to hear you guys aren't overreaching yourselves. :-)

Not to mention the fact that Sun has always been very friendly to developers,
offering every developer large or small considerable discounts on Sun products
and services.  The don't give away their hardware, because the make it to make
money on it.  They do offer discounts of up to 40% on Sun hardware and soft-
ware.  If you want a discount, join the Catalyst program.

If you want cheap Sun hardware, find somebody selling sun4c's and sun4m's.
If you want free Sun hardware, go to school.  ;^)

--
             Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                                     +1.801.915.2061
Softweyr LLC                                                  wes@softweyr.com