Date:      Mon, 5 Nov 2018 12:21:43 -0500
From:      "David K. Gerry" <david.k.gerry@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Boot halts at trying to mount root

Greetings,

	I would have posted this on the forum but the captcha is not
screen-reader friendly. I couldn't get registered.

	I'm upgrading from 11.0 to 11.1. I did installkernel, installworld,
mergemaster and rebooted. The kernel loads but when it gets to "trying
to mount root ufs:/dev/gpt/HoD_Root [rw]" it stops. There is no error
message.

	I used a rescue thumb drive and fsck the partition and it is clean. I
tried booting with the 11.0 kernel with the same results.

	Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions? I have searched this
list's archive and the forum but can't find an issue similar enough for
me to solve the problem.

With thanks,
David Gerry
Boston, Massachusetts