Date:      Sat, 22 Nov 2014 11:47:22 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org" <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>, PeerCorps Trust Fund <ipc@peercorpstrust.org>
Subject:   Re: Best experience with Thinkpad suspend/resume

On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 8:04 AM, Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> They _should_ suspend/resume ok on freebsd-10.1. If in doubt, try
> -HEAD on it and we can backport whatever is missing.
>
> The iwn(4) wifi support will be better in FreeBSD-HEAD. Noone's
> backported that to -10 yet.
>
> https://wiki.freebsd.org/Laptops/Thinkpad_T530 has some information.
>
> (I don't have  T520 or T530, so I can't debug it. Having a T530 would
> be nice; I don't have any Optimus hardware at the moment so I can't
> really test what's required to make it work out of the box on
> freebsd.)
>

> -adrian

I have  T520 (which suspends and resumes just fine on 10.1). I have
continuing pain with iwn(4), though. Do you have any idea if I could use
iwn from HEAD on 10.1 (r274552)?

I have not been running HEAD for some time and I don't know if the kernel
has changed to the point that a driver from HEAD will fail on 10-STABLE.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com