Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 1998 09:29:26 -0500
From:      "Ray Seals" <rayseals@midwestis.com>
To:        "Freebsd-Advocacy" <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   On-line Help

Since Jordan and Greg read this group also, I would like to make this
comment.  The one thing I will hand to the Linux crowd is the HOWTO pages on
their website.  While we have a pretty decent set of help pages on our side.
As a FreeBSD newbie (1.2 years) I have found some things rather difficult to
track down.  I propose that we spend some time porting their HOWTO pages to
FreeBSD website.  I'm sure the lack of documentation on how to do things is
due to the fact that most of us aren't 14 year olds or in college.  So, we
don't have a lot of time on our hands to write documentation.  We have to
document enough stuff at work.

How bad do you think that would piss those guys off?  I'm not talking about
down right copying either.  I'm talking about using their stuff as a frame
work to see what is needed by the general public in terms of documentation
for tasks.

Ray

Midwest Information Systems

http://www.midwestis.com