Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 2003 02:34:24 -0500
From:      AlanE <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        FreeBSD Ports List <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Help with a complex port: need volunteer(s)

I need a volunteer with a good knowledge of ports (especially patching),
autoconf or automake, and texinfo (the "makeinfo" command) source code to
help with doing the ports for automake and autoconf 1.7.x and 2.5x.

Basically, I need somebody to take 1 of the ports to do. The problem is
that the programs differ radically between versions, so we need to keep the
docs for each version. This involves patching Makefiles and the .texi source
to rename the info files, and create versioned dir entries. The oldest
versions of each port will serve as a guide.

obrien@ needs these before the 4.8 freeze, and I am moving from NY to
Colorado in two weeks. If these are to be done, they need to done by the
end of next week. obrien@ has been asked for help and does not answer my
mail.

Is there anybody with the knowledge to take on one of these. I need a
senior (in knowledge, not necessarily in time) porter to help me.

Can anyone help? If I get more than one response, I'll farm them both out
and act as project leader.

--
AlanE (Alan Eldridge)
Unix/C(++) IT Pro for 20 yrs, likes fixing weird distributed systems bugs.