Date:      Fri, 10 Jun 2011 22:36:59 -0400
From:      Jason Hellenthal <jhell@DataIX.net>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mariadb-server-5.2.6 failed on amd64 9

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

Doug,

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 08:04:47PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> I'm confused by this error, since it works just fine with default=20
> settings on 7 and 8 with both amd64 and i386. Can someone give me a=20
> suggestion on the right direction to look?
>=20

This would lead me to believe that there is a linking descrepency
between libevent and libevent2 for some reason or another.

Do you have both libevents installed ? (They both can be)

It may be picking up libevent2 to link against and expect it to actually
be installed as libevent.so which would cause the problem your seeing.

Two ways to go about finding this out is to look over the configure log
and see if its picking up libevent2 or libevent1. If libevent2 is being
picked up then you could try uninstalling libevent-1 and retry the
build. If its the opposite case then uninstall libevent-2 and retry.

If one of those solves it then you will most likely need to directly
point it to the lib to use via -rpath or something similiar.

Good luck.

--=20

"Unity can only be manifested by the Binary. Unity itself and the idea of U=
nity are already two." -- Buddha

 Regards, (jhell)
 Jason Hellenthal

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z