Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2007 17:08:18 -0700
From:      "Kip Macy" <kip.macy@gmail.com>
To:        "Alan Amesbury" <amesbury@umn.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel PRO/10GbE CX4? General 10Gb tips?

My understanding is that ixgb in CVS is quite far behind the vendor driver.

Unfortunately, for high performance 10GigE on FreeBSD the only options
worth looking at the moment are cxgb (Chelsio T3) and mxge (Myricom).
Chelsio is selling eval kits right now:
http://www.chelsio.com/evalkits.php

Myricom nominally sells their cards directly, but they've dropped both
a support request and a PO request from me, so I don't think its
worthwhile contacting them directly unless you're a large customer.
Bell Micro sells both the Chelsio and the Myricom cards.

              -Kip