Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 1997 22:18:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Hartmann <root@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What is FBSD 2.2-STABLE?

On Sun, 24 Aug 1997, Hartmann wrote:

> Dear Sirs.
>
> I installed FBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE and then installed over the base-system
> an update I've taken from the CTM-sources for src-2.2. Now the system
> offers me to be a FBSD 2.2.0. Well, I'm a little bit confused, because
> I thought the stable sources are bug-fixed sources for the latest, official
> version, and that's FBSD 2.2.2.
>
> can anybody make a statement?

I don't know why everyone suddenly found the src-2.2 CTM collection and
has mistaken it for the system source, which it isn't.  It's the base
delta for the 2.2 series, thus being 2.2.0.  So, welcome to 2.2.0 :-)

If you want the 2.2.2 or later source, you either need to :

1.  Subscribe to CTM.
2.  Use CVSUP.  Instructions for #1 and #2 are in the Handbook.
3.  Grab the latest from
releng22.freebsd.org:/pub/FreeBSD/2.2-970825-RELENG/src/* and extract
using `cat s*.* | tar xzf -'. Replace 9708265 with today's date.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo