Date:      Thu, 1 Sep 2005 09:40:27 +0200
From:      Thomas Bresson <tbresson@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 5.4 & HLDS

Hi there.

I'm having problems with running a HLDS server (Steam) on my newly installe=
d=20
FreeBSD 5.4 and I was wondering if it's a known problem and if you know a=
=20
work-around for it.

Supposedly I have to change the linux base to SuSE or RedHat to make it=20
work, but I'm quite new to FreeBSD and lost at that point.

These two lines in my console seemed important:
net.cpp (860) : Assertion Failed: 0 =3D=3D iRet
net.cpp (863) : Assertion Failed: 0 =3D=3D iRet

My PC is a modified Dell OptiPlex 110 (where I added an Adaptec 2940 U/UW=
=20
SCSI controller and a Quantum SCSI harddrive with a Plextor SCSI CDrom=20
drive).

I did a minimum installation.