Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 2014 11:41:45 +0400
From:      Alexander Moisseev <moiseev@mezonplus.ru>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Port does not display pkg-message while installing from remote repository

29.09.2014 11:31, Matthias Andree пишет:
> Am 29.09.2014 um 09:18 schrieb Alexander Moisseev:
>> Hi,
>>
>> sysutils/backuppc displays pkg-message if installing from locally stored
>> package file, but it does not display pkg-message while installing from
>> remote repository.
>>
>> # pkg install /var/cache/pkg/backuppc-3.3.0_7.txz
>> shows pkg-message
>>
>> # pkg install backuppc
>> shows nothing
>>
>> How to fix that?
>>
>> May be
>>
>> post-install:
>>      @${CAT} ${PKGMESSAGE}
>>
>> should be added to the Makefile?
>
> That would not help - post-install is only executed before the package
> is built, not after it's installed.  It would be ignored.
>
> Can you confirm that the remote repository package is the exact same
> version (same checksum)?

Yes, it is the exact same. I am using package from pkg cache.

root@vboxfbsd10:/var/cache/pkg # pkg install backuppc
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up-to-date.
All repositories are up-to-date.
The following 1 packages will be affected (of 0 checked):

New packages to be INSTALLED:
         backuppc: 3.3.0_7

The process will require 2 MB more space.
397 KB to be downloaded.

Proceed with this action? [y/N]: y
Fetching backuppc-3.3.0_7.txz: 100%  397 KB 406.5k/s    00:01
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
===> Creating users and/or groups.
Using existing group 'backuppc'.
Using existing user 'backuppc'.
[1/1] Installing backuppc-3.3.0_7: 100%
root@vboxfbsd10:/var/cache/pkg # pkg delete backuppc
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
Deinstallation has been requested for the following 1 packages (of 0 packages in the universe):

Installed packages to be REMOVED:
         backuppc-3.3.0_7

The operation will free 2 MB.

Proceed with deinstalling packages? [y/N]: y
==> You should manually remove the "backuppc" user.
[1/1] Deleting backuppc-3.3.0_7: 100%

  If you are permanently removing BackupPC, you should manually delete:
   - the backuppc user/group:    pw userdel backuppc
   - BackupPC configuration:     rm -r /usr/local/etc/backuppc
   - BackupPC data directory:    rm -r /var/db/BackupPC
   - BackupPC logs directory:    rm -r /var/log/BackupPC

root@vboxfbsd10:/var/cache/pkg # pkg install /var/cache/pkg/backuppc-3.3.0_7.txz
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up-to-date.
All repositories are up-to-date.
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
The following 1 packages will be affected (of 0 checked):

New packages to be INSTALLED:
         backuppc: 3.3.0_7

The process will require 2 MB more space.

Proceed with this action? [y/N]: y
===> Creating users and/or groups.
Using existing group 'backuppc'.
Using existing user 'backuppc'.
[1/1] Installing backuppc-3.3.0_7: 100%
Message for backuppc-3.3.0_7:
  - If this is a new installation or version upgrade,
     to create/update configuration you should run

      /usr/local/etc/backuppc/update.sh

  - Add the following line to /etc/rc.conf to enable BackupPC:

      backuppc_enable="YES"

  - Data directory is /var/db/BackupPC

      This is where all the backup data is stored.
      This file system needs to be big enough
      to accommodate all the PCs you expect to backup.

> What pkg version are you using for this experiment?

# pkg info -E pkg