Date:      Thu, 7 May 1998 03:24:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SLICE broken

Because I origially wrote the scsi code I was under the mistaken
impression that I knew what was going on there and today's checkins
of sd.c have screwed up if SLICE/DEVFS is defined.

backing down to 1.127 should make it work as well as before.
1.128 is definitly bogus. I'm working on it but
some things happenned in the scsi code during my absence that are
definately done absolutly backwards. (right idea but backwards.)
for example one cannot get rid of all the devsw entrypoints
even of one doesn't need them any more :-]

julian