Date:      Sun, 29 Mar 1998 00:58:36 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        CerealMaN <ekidd@email.msn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xfree86

On Sat, 28 Mar 1998, CerealMaN wrote:

> does ne1 have any kewl sample setups for xfree86? i mean the xinitrc file.
> the one that makes it look all kewl, and work good?

First things first.

Please try to use correct grammar, capitalization, and punctuation. You
may have noticed that other members of this list take a little effort to
make their messages easily understandable.

For every bit more difficult you make your message to read, it becomes
less likely you will receive a response.

Now on to the question.

There is way more to this question than just the '.xinitrc' file. Most
of the configuration that can be done to make your desktop look _COOL_
is done in your window manager's rc file.

There may be several files that you need to edit in order to achieve a
desired appearance on your desktop.

For example, much of my old configuration was established in my
'.fvwm2rc' file because I used to use fvwm2.

Many people make their rc files available on their web pages. You might
try searching for examples of desktops frmo your favorite window
manager.

Have fun,	 | Stop warning me about the latest virus. Learn more...
Jason Wells	 | http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/CIACHoaxes.html