Date:      Sun, 09 Nov 2003 13:18:09 +0000
From:      "Lee Harr" <missive@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to Handle Stale Dependencies in pkgdb -F

>>I think if it were me, I would check to see if the docbook-310 port
>>were still
>>installed correctly, and if not, install it and then try pkgdb -F again.
>
>Not sure I understanad the need to examine docbook-310.  When I run
>pkg_info -ro sgmlformat-1.7_2, I get the following:
>Information for sgmlformat-1.7_2:
>
>Depends on:
>Dependency: xmlcatmgr-1.1
>Dependency: iso8879-1986_2
>Dependency: jade-1.2.1_5
>Dependency: linuxdoc-1.1_1
>Dependency: docbook-4.1_2
>Dependency: docbook-4.0_2
>Dependency: docbook-3.1_2

This is from the dockbook-310 port. The _2 is the port revision.

>Dependency: docbook-3.0_2
>Dependency: docbook-241_2
>Dependency: docbook-1.2_1
>Origin:
>textproc/sgmlformat
>

>>Or, since docbook already depends on all of those other docbook
>>components,
>>maybe you can just point the dependency at the docbook package....
>
>Do you mean that I can answer the "New dependency?" prompt with Ctrl-Del?

Well... I am not using docbook, so I am not exactly sure. It looks to me
like the docbook port may be a "meta port" to pull in all of those docbook
versions. I am not sure if you have that one installed, or if you just have
all of the pieces.

Is docbook-3.0_2 still registered as installed on your system? I think that
is the one it is looking for. It is possible that when upgrading one of the
others, that one was removed inadvertently.