Date:      Sun, 19 Apr 1998 19:35:08 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What chipsets on the Bt848 cards ?

> Have you seen the stuff done for Linux (bttv) that uses the bt848 to
> grap the VBI info and then decode teletext from the sampled lines ??
>
> THAT is a cool concept, and a good job done!

Have you seen the software on my web page that did the same with the
meteor and the bt848 ?

This was done perhaps some two years ago, before i found the saa5246
data sheets :)

I wouldn't be surprised if the bttv people took the idea from my
code -- i concede that i am not very good after the proof-of-concept
step in packaging stuff and adding nice graphics...

Only problem, resampling the data sucks a lot of CPU power... you
can do that on your workstation or home machine, but certainly not
on a server...

	cheers
	luigi