Date:      Sat, 4 Jan 2014 16:33:29 +0100 (CET)
From:      Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@xs4all.nl>
To:        marino@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to install ruby18

On Sat, 4 Jan 2014, the wise John Marino wrote:

> Ruby18 is gone forever, and unsupported, so that's not the best option.
> DragonFly had these same type errors with ruby19, until we redefined
> GEM_ENV in bsd.ruby.mk
>
> -GEM_ENV?=                LC_CTYPE=UTF-8
> +GEM_ENV+=                LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
>
> Maybe setting GEM_ENV in your make.conf and rebuilding all the ruby
> stuff would fix it for you too.  Shot in the dark.

Tried both changing /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.ruby.mk and setting GEM_ENV in
make.conf and rebuilding the ruby stuff, but this had no effect.

Thanks for the tip anyway.

Regards,
Marco

--
Boys are beyond the range of anybody's sure understanding, at least
when they are between the ages of 18 months and 90 years.