Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 23:57:14 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        cfuhrman@iwaynet.net
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Switching from LGPL to ??? License

cfuhrman@iwaynet.net wrote:
> Out of curiousity, which two clauses are in the BSD "two-clause" license?

The middle clause; see the FreeBSD aggregate license.

> Could you provide a link to the CMU license?  I google'd for it
> and came across the following link:
>
> http://asg2.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/imapd/license.html
>
> The above license does not appear to include the "request" clause.

This is closer to a BSD license.  What you want to look at is
the CMU license on some of the FreeBSD VM code, and the MIT X
license for XFree86.  THey are effectively this license, with
an additional request for contributions (but not a requirement).

-- Terry