Date:      Mon, 20 Jun 2011 11:00:37 -0700
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Mark Moellering <mark@msen.com>, "Michael W. Lucas" <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD - <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: (email) server connection problem : Help

On Jun 20, 2011, at 10:05 AM, Mark Moellering wrote:
> I cannot log into the server via either ssl for email or ssh on the two domains that are .org and .info
> The connection is refused.  Here is an example copied from a console;
>
> shell$ ssh -l LoginName mail.anadarkohs60.com
> The authenticity of host 'mail.domain_4.com(xx.yy.zzb.174)' can't be established.
> DSA key fingerprint is {snip}
> Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? no
> Host key verification failed.

By telling it no here, you've instructed SSH to treat the host key as invalid; the connection will be closed.

> shell$ ssh -l LoginName mail.domain_3.org
> ssh: connect to host mail.domain_3.org port 22: Connection refused
> shell$

There's no such domain as mail.domain_3.org in the public DNS.

Presumably you've changed this information; all I can conclude is that whichever IP address the actual name resolves to isn't running SSH (or it's not listening on that particular IP, or a firewall is blocking it, etc).

Regards,
--
-Chuck