Date:      Mon, 1 Dec 2003 11:40:48 -0600
From:      "Eric F Crist" <ecrist@adtechintegrated.com>
To:        "'David S. Jackson'" <deepbsd@earthlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Linksys WPC11 ver4 troubles

Note the subject line of the email...

Thanks.

Eric F Crist
President
AdTech Integrated Systems, Inc
(952) 403-9000

-----Original Message-----
From: David S. Jackson [mailto:deepbsd@earthlink.net]
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2003 9:39 AM
To: Eric F Crist
Cc: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 06:07:57PM -0600 Eric F Crist
<ecrist@adtechintegrated.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I recently (today) got FreeBSD 4.8 installed on my Compaq Presario
2100.  I
> have a working Xserver with KDE, and working integrated touchpad, etc.
My
> biggest problems are audio and my wireless network card.
>
> The following is the output of "pccardc dumpcis" command:
>
> nomad# pccardc dumpcis
> Configuration data for card in slot 0
> Tuple #1, code = 0xff (Terminator), length = 0
> 2 slots found
>
> When I insert my pcmcia wireless card, I get the following error:
>
> pccard: card inserted, slot 0
> Nov 17 18:06:30 nomad pccardd[51]: No card in database for
"(null)"("(null)")

> Now, after reading the howto for this network card at
> http://lists.bawug.org/pipermail/wireless/2001-May/001083.html,
>
> I have to enter the "(null)"("(null)") in the /etc/pccard.conf file
with the
> appropriate settings.  Tried this, it doesn't work.
>
> Someone please help me!  Getting this to show up in my ifconfig would
really
> make my day.

You don't mention whether you have a ver 3 or a ver 4 wpc11.  They
changed the entire chipset without changing the part number for this
card.  Ver 3 is a Prism chipset, well supported.  However, version 4
is a Realtek chipset, which is not yet supported.  Critical to note
the difference between versions when using a wpc11.

--
David S. Jackson                                dsj@dsj.net
If you took all the students that felt asleep in class and