Date:      Tue, 15 May 2007 12:15:18 +1000
From:      "Murray Taylor" <MTaylor@bytecraft.com.au>
To:        "Gunther Mayer" <kilian@redbutton.co.za>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Spaces in SSID in /etc/rc.conf

=20

Have you tried this (I havent, its just a suggestion)...

I use this construct to get around scp transfers and the
file names windoze users love to create with heaps of spaces...

ifconfig_ath0=3D' inet 192.168.0.1 ssid "my\ network" '

If there are multiple spaces then you need to slash each one, i.e.

> ifconfig_ath0=3D' inet 192.168.0.1 ssid "my\ \ network" '

Give it a shot ;-)

mjt
The information transmitted in this e-mail is for the exclusive
use of the intended addressee and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission,
dissemination or other use of it, or the taking of any action
in reliance upon this information by persons and/or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
received this in error, please inform the sender and/or
addressee immediately and delete the material.=20

E-mails may not be secure, may contain computer viruses and
may be corrupted in transmission. Please carefully check this
e-mail (and any attachment) accordingly. No warranties are
given and no liability is accepted for any loss or damage
caused by such matters.

### This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses by Bytecraft ###