Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 2002 14:49:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
Cc:        Tomas Hodan <tomas@hodan.sk>, <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: install crash on hp omnibook 6100

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Andy Sparrow wrote:

> At least one person with a 6100 persevered further with this, maybe
> someone else can help you with the current status or better advice?

There is an issue with the HP laptop DSDT and our ACPI code. They
initialize some child devices before initializing their parents, causing
an infinite loop.  The acpi-jp list doesn't seem interested in changing
the way we do initialization, and theres no docs on the part it's
initializing to rewrite the DSDT.

In short - its broke, just turn it off :)

BTW windows has issues with sleep/hibernate on these machines anyway, so
there are probably deeper issues at hand.

dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org