Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 1995 10:49:00 +1000 (EST)
From:      Carey Nairn <cp_nairn@cc.utas.edu.au>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   XF86_S3 and #9 Motion 771 Card

Is anayone aware of any stability problems with the XF86_S3 server in
general and when used with the #9 Motion 771 Card in particular ?
The XFree86 version is 3.1.2, FreeBSD version is 2.0.5-RELEASE.  I know
someone who is using this combination and is having real problems with
crashes.  The system apparently is OK if run in text mode only.  I was
considering getting the same display card but may have to reconsider...

TIA
Carey

Carey Nairn                     ! email : Carey.Nairn@its.utas.edu.au
Networks and Communications     ! phone : (002) 20 7419
Information Technology Services ! fax   : (002) 20 7898
University of Tasmania.         !