Date:      Thu, 15 Apr 1999 11:24:49 +0800 (PHT)
From:      "Francis Percival C. Favoreal" <dune@cats.edu.ph>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SCSI problem (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 09:28:19 +0800 (PHT)
From: "Francis Percival C. Favoreal" <dune@cats.edu.ph>
To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: SCSI problem

hello,

Anyone seen this error before?

(da0:ncr0:0:0:0): Invalidating pack

This has happened to me several times already. I am running FreeBSD
3.1-RELEASE, P-350, 64MB RAM, Seagate ST36530W 6GB.

Whenever this happens, I noticed that the SCSI HD suddenly went silent,
like its motor stopped spinning. Usually I tried to reboot to remedy the
problem.

Also, when I switch off the server, and switch it back on after a few
minutes, the server never boots anymore because the SCSI HD was not
detected. When this happens, I noticed also that the SCSI HD is silent,
like its motor is not spinning.

Thanks a lot.

Please respond directly to my email address for I am not on this list.

--
riko