Date:      Mon, 24 May 1999 15:16:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
To:        Prasad Tadi <ptadi@roshitech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HP-UX to freeBSD 2.2.8 and 3.1

On Mon, 24 May 1999, Prasad Tadi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need a strange ! help.
>
> We have heavily invested in HP and now we have a new project that needs
> the target to
> run on a freeBSD. So we took the Cross Compiler approach.
>
> So, what I am looking at is ...
>
> I want to build the HP -> freeBSD cross compiler like gcc, binutils and
> libgcc etc..
> We are unable to find the right targets. I am also novice in building
> the cross compilers.
> Can any one of you can point me in the right direction.
>
> Currently we are looking for a target of  freeBSD running on a Intel X86
> based machines.
> In future we are also looking for a PowerPC based solution.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Considering the price of an intel system, you should just purchase one
and develope on it.  The time and effort required to build such a
cross compiling system just doesn't seem like the best allocation
of resources.

Depending on what you need the system can be priced at less than $1,000.

Most Dell/Gateway desktops can be easily used for FreeBSD.

Oh, and if you plan on selling any PA-8000 based HP machines, please
drop me an email. :)

thanks,
-Alfred