Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:42:09 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Julian Stacey <jhs@berklix.org>
To:        mj001 <mj001@rogers.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /usr/ports/misc/magicpoint

Thanks folks for your notes on MS replacement tools, (which I've latched).

mj001 wrote:
> I had the opportunity to do a presentation on Open Source products
> at work a few weeks ago. One selling point was to point out,
> part way through, that the "Powerpoint" slides I was showing
> had been entirely written with OpenOffice Impress, and exported
> in Powerpoint's format - not a byte changed with Powerpoint itself.

Nice  ( I've seen too many Unix presentations projected using MS ! )
Could you put the data behind a URL please ? (or mail it).

The Munich BSD group has a leaflet for *BSD (2 language versions)
        http://www.berklix.org/bim/leaflet/
& it'd be nice to also place a *Point presentation adjacent,
something to grab & work from when opportunities arise, to both:
  - load to BSD laptop, & take to company demos, &
  - export to Powerpoint, for casual MS users browsing past.

-
Julian Stacey       Freelance Systems Engineer, Unix & Net Consultant, Munich.
  Ihr Rauchen => mein allergischer Kopfschmerz !   Schnupftabak probieren.