Date:      Fri, 1 Feb 2013 03:10:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   GNU style getopt problem

I am trying to get a "linux" app to compile in the native FreeBSD
environment. I have solved most of the problems, except one: getopt. I have
installed misc/getopt because compile-check asks for
Build dependency: Please install GNU getopt
However, the problem persists because the depends-check script checks for
and as answer gets:
$ getopt --help 2 > &1 | grep long > /dev/null
Ambiguous output redirect.
But if I do an "arrow up" to get to the previous command I see this, where
it's "& 1" not "&1"
$ getopt --help 2 > & 1 | grep long > /dev/null

Should I be trying a different port?