Date:      Tue, 4 Mar 1997 15:17:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris Timmons <skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu>
To:        Dick van den Burg <burg@is.ge.com>
Cc:        cvsup-bugs@polstra.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup

Dick,

John Polstra (the CVSup author) might be able suggest something when he
returns to the list mid-month.  I'd encourage you to email him directly at
<jdp@polstra.com>.

> Is there any way whereby I can tell the server to connect to the
> firewall (in stead of my-host) on a given port or is there any way I
> can specify a portnumber I can connect to on the server in passive
> mode?

Either way it would probably require modifications to CVSup and CVSupd.
The former seems like it would be easier than trying to guarantee port
assignments at the server for a particular run of passive-mode CVSup.

> Any other suggestions ?

It's probably not likely that you would change your firewall software
(i.e. to socks) to get around this problem; however, might you locate an
otherwise retired/discarded 386/486 machine outside the firewall with just
ssh and cvsup?  You could set up your own mirror and talk to it through
the firewall using ssh port forwarding.   If you are inclined to do this
let me know,  and I can help you with setting up your mirror.

Good luck,

-Chris