Date:      Fri, 10 May 1996 12:54:33 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Thomas Sparrevohn <staff@kyklopen.ping.dk>
To:        Christopher Yap <lyndon@orthanc.com>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>, freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Rebooting problem solved (NOT)

On Thu, 9 May 1996, Christopher Yap wrote:

> On Thu, 09 May 1996 20:37:53 +0000 Poul-Henning Kamp
> <phk@critter.tfs.com> wrote:
>
> Not for me. The 32 MB box still craps after installing
> the new locore.s. I'm now rebuilding without
> BOUNCE_BUFFERS ...

Unfortunately i can't reproduce it any longer all of my test kernel now
boots. But i think we might have two different bugs here. You seem to be
able to get the kernel up and running but it panics and then the bug i was
speaking of where the kernel never even gets up because the first access
to the data area triggers a double fault.

If you are able to produce a kernel panic. Then try produce a debug kernel
dump with the dumpon command and save core. The handbook contains a nice
description of how to do this in case you hav'nt done before.

Regards
  Thomas