Date:      Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:25:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>
To:        rschi@rsmba.biz
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup with tag=. on src and upgrading (in general)

I don't think you can do a 4.x -> 5.1 upgrade right now, it won't
compile world.  You can do a binary in-place upgrade, but I would
recommend doing a clean install somewhere and then copying the data
over, as 5.x is fairly different and an in-place upgrade will leave
you with some old files lying around.

- Mike H.