Date:      Thu, 8 Jan 2004 11:12:05 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Per Engelbrecht" <per@xterm.dk>
To:        <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Discussion on the future of floppies in 5.x and 6.x

Hi Matthew and others

I think that we all can find reasons to (or not to) use floppies,
but I don'tthink that was the issue in Scott's mail.

The generational change from 4.x to 5.x where the majority of the
code hasbeen rewritten (in my opinion an extremly healthy sign for any kind of
serious development)  has taken it's toll on the develepors and
commiterstime and energy, which is why they need to fix some kind of order of
priorityin their future work.

Evolution has caught up beasts as mammuth's, Cherry Coke and floppies.
I for one, won't miss them and would rather have the developer team
spenttheir time on security, SMP, GEOM and other vital  and important
issues.
Best regards

/per
per@xterm.dk