Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 1996 22:24:38 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brandon Gillespie <brandon@tombstone.sunrem.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Windows 95

On Mon, 17 Jun 1996, Howard Lew wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jun 1996, Flavio Sa wrote:
> > Can Windows 95 and Free BSD share a computer?
> >
> > Should I follow the install.txt intructions considering DOS?
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> Not a new questions.... That setup should be fine.  A boot manager should
> take care of the problem.... backup your data first.

Not necessarily true, I'm running two systems, which are nearly identical
with the exception that one is running a Cyrix 586 and the other a
Pentium 100.  I started from scratch, partitioned the drive and installed
a base win95 system first, then I installed 2.1-R.  I have had no END of
problems with the 2.1-R system, from not being able to even RECOGNIZE a
standard hitachi 4x speed IDE CDROM to failing out randomly at floppy
reads (where the reads work fine on other 2.1-R systems--same disks).
Fearing a hardware problem I sent the computer to a shop for some
diagnostics, all returned fine.  I'm not about to test it as far as
soft/cold reboots from/to win95 and BSD.

I can say one thing: AAARRRRGGGH!!!!!

(You spend $1500 on a computer, it would be nice if it worked like you
wanted it to :(

-Brandon Gillespie