Date:      Wed, 02 Oct 2013 15:01:40 -0500
From:      Ron Wingfield <Ron.Wingfield@Archaxis.net>
To:        Florian Smeets <flo@smeets.im>
Cc:        gecko@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with FireFox 24.0.1 re. GLib-CRITICAL -- Now Clang++ Compiler Failing

--------------030900050906040107070806

   NOTE:  Bottom Posting!
   Ron Wingfield wrote:

   Florian Smeets wrote:

On 30.09.13 18:19, Ron Wingfield wrote:

   Gentlemen, Ladies:
   RE:  (also see:  [1][1]http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=42142)
# firefox

(process:1754): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion `sys_page_size =
= 0' failed
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
#

I'm getting this message too and firefox does not crash. The crash has
to be something else. Please build firefox with DEBUG, load the core
file in gdb and show us the output.

Just read the thread on the forums, did you rebuild firefox after
upgrading from 9.0 to 9.1? If you didn't please do, there were problems
in 9.0 that could explain this.

Florian

   Yes, FireFox was rebuilt after upgrade to FreeBSD v9.1; however, not
   sure about DEBUG.  I will check and rebuild if necessary (of course,
   this will take some time).  In the mean time, could the fact that my
   processors are Pentium III's as per the following?  (I know Mozilla FF
   recommends minimum Pentium IV.)
   The equipment is a Compaq ProLiant ML370 G1 with 4GB RAM
CPU: Intel Pentium III (598.12-MHz 686-class CPU)
  Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0x683  Family = 6  Model = 8  Stepping = 3
  Features=0x383fbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CM
OV,PAT,PSE36,MMX,FXSR,SSE>
real memory  = 4294967296 (4096 MB)
avail memory = 4031164416 (3844 MB)
Event timer "LAPIC" quality 400
ACPI APIC Table: <COMPAQ 00000083>
FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor System Detected: 2 CPUs
FreeBSD/SMP: 2 package(s) x 1 core(s)
 cpu0 (BSP): APIC ID:  1
 cpu1 (AP): APIC ID:  0

   Thanks for your quick response,
   [2]OTTF,
   Ron W.

   Hello Florian and others:
   Over the past forty-eight hours, I have deinstalled and attempted to
   remake FireFox v24.0,1.  I only specified DBUS, DBUG, GSTREAMER and
   ALSA (audio) via make configure.  The process ran for almost 18 hours
   but failed.  I can reproduce the results (failing at the same
   operation) and unfortunately, the  make build fails with the following
   complaint:  (excerpt from the attached make-build.out.gz)

     ("../../media/webrtc/signaling/signaling_sipcc/src/sipcc/cpr/darwin/
     cpr_darwin_timers_using_select.o")
     ../../media/webrtc/signaling/signaling_ecc/src/peerconnection/PeerCo
     nnectionCtx.o: file not recognized: File format not recognized
     clang++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to
     see invocation)
     gmake[3]: *** [libxul.so] Error 1
     gmake[3]: Leaving directory
     `/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla-esr24/obj-i386-portbld-freebsd9
     .1/toolkit/library'
     gmake[2]: *** [libs_tier_platform] Error 2
     gmake[2]: Leaving directory
     `/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla-esr24/obj-i386-portbld-freebsd9
     .1'
     gmake[1]: *** [tier_platform] Error 2
     gmake[1]: Leaving directory
     `/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla-esr24/obj-i386-portbld-freebsd9
     .1'
     gmake: *** [default] Error 2
     *** [do-build] Error code 1
     Stop in /usr/ports/www/firefox.
     *** [build] Error code 1
     Stop in /usr/ports/www/firefox.

   Per the diagnostic message, "clang++: error: linker command failed with
   exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)",
   I have attempted to compile # clang++ -v PeerConnectionCtx.o and the
   results of that attempt are attached in the clang.out.gz file.  I am at
   a loss to understand why this is now failing, because as previously
   mentioned, the make build install processes previously completed
   successfully and allowed FireFox to start and dump.
   My Ports are/should be up to date.  Unfortunately . . .obviously, I
   cannot produce a core dump as you requested regarding the segfault
   without a compiled and linked system.
   Thanks again, your suggestions will be most appreciated.
   [3]OTTF,
   Ron W.