Date:      Fri, 21 Aug 2009 07:28:22 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Matthias Andree" <matthias.andree@gmx.de>, bug-followup@freebsd.org, troy@twisted.net
Cc:        "pgollucci@freebsd.org" <pgollucci@freebsd.org>, Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>, "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ports/137843: Cannot compile devel/apr (version 1.3.8.1.3.9) on AMD64

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 07:16:57 -0500, Matthias Andree
<matthias.andree@gmx.de> wrote:

> Same for me, on i386. Removing the listed leftover libtool15/libltdl15
> files/directories let the devel/apr build succeed, where it would fail
> before.
>
> Given that the devel/libtool15 port is gone:
>
> 1. Can we have a pkg-install script that purges the obsolete libtool15
> stuff (as listed, but substituting ${PKG_PREFIX} for /usr/local) post a
> successful libtool22 install?  Apparently the older pkg-plist were
> incomplete, so that libtool15 didn't get completely removed on
> uninstall, and a libtool22/libltdl22 post-installation cleanup of
> libtool15 seems the natural way to solve.

No need to, the /usr/local/bin/libtool15 wasn't in libtool15 for over
three yeaers. It looks like you use FORCE_PKG_REGISTER that force
overwrite and that libtool15 was never remove correct.

> 2. Alternatively, please mention in /usr/ports/UPDATING that
> libtool15/libltdl15 cruft needs to be purged manually (file list as
> above).

It's more like user's fault or something.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org